- Every policeman is duty bound to ensure that women are
treated with due respect. There is no exception to this rule.
- In cases, where a woman is complainant, police will make enquiries
and investigations expeditiously and arrest the accused immediately.
- When an occasion to arrest a woman or to interrogate a woman
witness arises, it is binding upon the police to keep a woman police
- If a woman is accused, she shall be treated with dignity,
irrespective of the nature of the crime committed.
- Normally, neither women be arrested, nor called to a police
station between sunset and sunrise. However, under exceptional
circumstances, if it is necessary to arrest them or call them to a
police station, it is binding upon the police to allow their
relatives to stay with them.
- Accused women are to be kept in the cells specially reserved for
them. If there is no separate room for them, they are to be kept in
the visitor's room.
- A rape victim may ask for her medical examination to be conducted
by a female doctor.
- She can also choose to give her statement to lady police
personnel. As far as practicable, a lady police officer shall be
deputed for this job. If it is not possible, it shall be ensured
that some local women must be present at the time of registration of
FIR and recording of statement.
- Mumbai Police is committed to provide a decent treatment to all
the citizens, especially women. Any aberrations must be brought to
the notice of senior officers.