- If there is no casualty and only the motor vehicles are
damaged in the accident, the drivers of both the vehicles should
take their respective vehicles to the side of the road to ensure
that the traffic is not obstructed. Drivers of both the vehicles
should note down the names, address, details of licenses and the
number of each other's vehicles and duly register a complaint at the
local police station.
- The insurance company should be informed immediately so that
compensation could be claimed for the vehicles damaged.
- If you have committed some accident and injured a person, you are
duty bound to take the person to the hospital and inform the
incident to the police. If it is not possible to remove the injured
to hospital, go to the nearest police station and inform about full
facts. Any non-compliance of this rule shall make you liable for
- If any you come across a person, injured in an accident, try to
help him. Provide first aid to the injured and take steps to remove
the injured to the nearest hospital. The registration number and the
name of the driver and other details of the vehicle, that has caused
the accident should be noted down and should be reported to the
nearest police station immediately.
- Do not believe in the misnomer that helping an accident victim
will lead to harassment by the police. At best, police officer may
ask for your statement, that too at hospital itself.
PLEASE DO HELP AN ACCIDENT VICTIM; YOU MAY BE THE ONE