Foreign Visitors: Rights and
- No person may enter Indian borders without a proper passport and
valid Indian Visa.
- After landing at Indian shores, every foreigner should register
himself with the concerned Foreigner's Registration Officer
within a period of 15 days. However, a foreign citizen visiting
India on a tourist visa and intending to stay in India for a period
of 180 days or less, does not need to get
- If for some unavoidable reasons, a foreign citizen requires an
extension for his stay in India, he should apply for the same, at
least 2 months prior to the expiry of the valid
period of his stay in India, to the Office of the
Foreigner's Registration Officer i.e. Deputy Commissioner
of Police (Special Branch).
- Following documents, in triplicate, should be furnished along with
(1) Application for extension of time limit, in the prescribed
(2) Copy of the passport.
(3) Copy of the Indian Visa.